Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Wasting Time

I was thinking about the quote that goes "Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted" or something like that and realized how perfectly that applies to this summer.  My last summer before I head off to college, my last summer as, by all definition, a kid.  I can watch ten episodes of Adventure Time in a row  without seeming too pathetic, play Animal Crossing on my DS and just be "blowing off steam" and nap for hours and it'll all be fine because I'm a growing girl.  But in six weeks, that's all about to change.

There is no such thing as free time in college, only time used up and time that you should be using productively that you aren't.  There is no such thing as basking in the sunlight that slips in your room in strips while lying on the carpet while reading chick-lit.  After all, shouldn't you be adding to your knowledge of pieces from the literary canon?  No online window shopping, only budgeting; no jog-walking, only intense workouts; no wandering around town into cutesy, rather wandering around the city for interviews.

Right now, I should be doing something productive.  And I'm not.  But I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!